Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hudson Reid is here!!

I am so in love with this little boy. Being a mom is definitely something words cannot describe. It is absolutely amazing.

I went into labor at 4:30 am on Tuesday and ended up having an emergency c-section and Hudson came into this world at 3:29 pm weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz. My pelvis was just too small for him to pass through, so after 2 hours of hard pushing I was rushed into the operating room. 

Trent did great. He was very nervous while I was in labor waiting to dilate to a 10. We told him to run around the building a few times, but he said he was okay. When it was time to push he was amazing and cheered me on along with my mom and the best nurse in the world. I know I couldn't of done it without her.

The c-section was pretty terrible. I was a nervous wreck and was uncontrollably crying before they even started, but the anesthesiologist just wiped away my tears while I was waiting for Trent and my mom to get into the operating room. When they started I was okay and just felt a little pressure, but it wasn’t too bad. It started going downhill when Hudson was stuck in my stomach and the doctor and her assistant had to get on the table on top of me and start yanking him out. I was almost screaming at this point. It felt like someone was punching me in the stomach and it was taking my breath away. It lasted about a minute and then they finally got him out and the anesthesiologist drugged me with some anti-anxiety medicine and then I was fine. Trent brought him over so I could see him, but I couldn’t get a good look because I was seeing 4 of everything…too much drugs.

The recovery has been pretty rough and I am still a little sore around my belly button and my incision.

Enough about that…on to the pictures.







7 comments:

Mrs.CFH2 said...

He is a serious bundle of cuteness! Congratulations again!

Lisa said...

He's beautiful! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Yikes...your c section story is one of my biggest delivery fears.

Hudson is gorgeous - congrats!!

The Domestic Princess said...

OMG....the Csection story scaried me! I'm so glad you and Hudson are ok and doing good. You should be a proud Moma, he's absolutley adorable =)

Karen At Home Blog said...

He is adorable, congratulations!!!

Lucky Girl said...

Congratulations!! Scary story... but awesome ending :)

Meredith said...

You look great mama! And so does your little guy!

I'm sorry about the c-section and that you're still hurting from it!